As some of you may know I love baking and banana bread is one of my absolute favourites! I wanted to share with you my go to recipe for making deliciously gooey banana bread – whenever I bake this it never lasts long in my house!
- 225g Plain flour (or use Self-raising flour and reduce the Baking powder to 2 heaped tsp)
- 3 heaped tsp Baking powder
- 100g Brown sugar
- 3 tsp Cinnamon or Mixed spice
- 3 large Black bananas, mashed
- 75g Vegetable or Sunflower oil (weight)
- 50g Dried fruit or nuts (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Mash the peeled bananas with a fork. Mix well with oil and sugar.
- Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, and combine well.
- Add any additional ingredients.
- Bake in a greased and lined 2lb loaf tin for 20 minutes, before checking. Cover with foil, if the loaf cake is browning. Bake for another 40 minutes (approximately).
- Allow to cool a little before slicing. It’s delicious freshly baked but even yummier when it goes gooey the next day!